Thursday 5 May 2011

Haigh hall horror night captured in pics



Here's a very nice little descriptive piece by CRAIG PAY regarding the Haigh Hall horror night I presented on April 26.

Craig runs the Manchester Speculative Fiction Writers Group, and attended the horror night as part of the audience. As well as giving a detailed account of the event on his blog - from the positon of being completely neutral (Craig and I had never met until then), he also produced a rather neat photo-record, and has graciously allowed me to include some of his pictures here.

I won't say too much more because I've rabbited on plenty about this night already. But suffice to say that Craig's account, linked above, is well worth checking out.

Pictured: above, dusk descends on the eerie entrance to Haigh Hall, one of the most haunted houses in the whole of northern England. Below, in descending order: one of the Hall's many medieval tapestries, this one depicting the bloody duel between lord of the manor, William Bradshaigh and his bigamous rival, Henry Teuthor, around 1330, which resulted in the latter's death; yours truly during the reading of my new novella, The Upper Tier; and the real upper tier - the desolate and most haunted part of the building (a place where staff genuinely fear to go), as the guests tentatively shuffle their way into it.





2 comments:

  1. Dammit! They simply never do things like this around here. OK, I know we don't have your levels of ghaisties & ghoulies, but still, I feel like I'm always missing something wonderful. *pout*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just took a look at his post & pix. I swear there's the image of a glowing girl in one of those window pix. *shiver*

    ReplyDelete