Wednesday 26 January 2011

A game that will end in death for someone


For those interested, here's the cover for my forthcoming Dr Who novel, HUNTER'S MOON, and below is the official blurb. Apologies if you've already read it in the DR WHO MAGAZINE, but I thought I'd run it again now I've got the actual cover art. Altogether, I think it's rather nifty package, if I say so myself.

‘There's no end to the horror in this place - it's like Hell, and there are devils round every corner.’

Leisure Platform 9 – a place where gamblers and villains rub shoulders with socialites and celebrities. Not a place to cheat at the gaming tables, or to beat the wrong player – as Rory is about to find out. The prize for winning the wrong game is to take part in another. And this game could be the death of him.

With Rory kidnapped by the brutal crime lord Xorg Krauzzen, the Doctor and Amy go undercover. But can they infiltrate the deadly contest about to be played out in the ruins of Gorgoror?

It’s only a matter of time before Krauzzen realises the Doctor isn’t a vicious mercenary. It won’t be long before he discovers what Amy is up to.

But time is the one thing Rory and the other fugitives on Gorgoror don’t have. They are the hunted in a game that can only end in death, and time for everyone is running out...


The novel will be published in April by BBC Books, which is an occasion I'm seriously looking forward to. Though I regard myself as a bit of a Dr Who veteran now, this will be the first time I've ever written the 11th Doctor, and as he's the man of the moment - and the one 10 million viewers every week are most familiar with - it will clearly be the biggest test of my ability to date.

Here's hoping ...

2 comments:

  1. congratulations Paul, a very well done to you Sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too kind, Johnny. But it's been a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete